INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINT POLICY
COPYRIGHT law protects the expression of an original idea recorded in a tangible form, such as artwork in the form of photographs or paintings and literary works in the form of poems or stories.
TRADEMARK law protects the use of words, symbols, designs or logos that identify and distinguish a source of goods.
PUBLICITY RIGHTS protect an individual’s name, image and likeness. Basically this means you can’t use someone else’s identity, to your commercial advantage, without their consent.
It is Baposi policy to block and remove any content that it believes in good faith to infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties following receipt of a compliant notice; and to terminate service for repeated infringement.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed upon by a Baposi user, please notify Baposi at [email protected] You must include within your notification the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property that you allege is being infringed
- The URL to the Baposi campaign(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise.
- Identification of the copyright, trademark, or other rights that allegedly have been infringed, including proof of ownership (such as copies of existing trademark or copyright registrations).
- Your full name, address, telephone number(s), and email address(es).
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the material in the URL submitted is unauthorized by the rights owner, or its licensee, and such use amounts to infringement under federal or state law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is complete and accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property or other right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that a claim of intellectual property infringement was filed by mistake or misidentification you may file a counter-notice. If you materially misrepresent in your counter-notice that your design is not infringing upon the intellectual property, you may be liable for damages to the intellectual property owner (including costs and attorney’s fees). Therefore, if you are unsure whether or not the material infringes on the intellectual property, please contact an attorney before filing the counter-notice. The counter-notice should be submitted to [email protected] and must include the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Your full name, address, telephone number(s), and email address(es);
- Identification of the material and its location before it was removed, either by URL to the Baposi campaign(s) used in connection with the sale of the allegedly infringing merchandise or Baposi campaign number;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the claim of intellectual property infringement that led to the removal or blockage of access to material was filed by mistake or misidentification;
- Your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where you live (if you are in the U.S.), or your consent to the jurisdiction of a federal court in the district where your service provider is located (if you are not in the U.S.);
- Your consent to accept service of process from the party who submitted the takedown notice or an agent of that party.
REPEAT INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COMPLAINT POLICY
If Baposi receives repeated notices that you have posted others’ intellectual property without permission, Baposi may terminate your account. Baposi has a system for keeping track of repeat violators of intellectual property rights of others, and determining when to suspend or terminate your account.
Baposi reserves the right to terminate accounts that act against the spirit of the Terms of Service, regardless of how many strikes are involved.
If you require further assistance please contact us
Email: [email protected]